Severn Bay Corporate Solutions Limited
02920 470 375 / 07714 123 989
Corporate Risk Management & Commercial Insurance
- Born in Dinas Powys, near Cardiff South Wales – 1964
- Went to St Andrews Major Church in Wales Primary school and then St Cyres Comprehensive
- Left in 1980 to go to the Ship Building Industry Training Board in Southampton – 1 Year Scholarship
- Went to work for my father insurance broking 1981 (Just until I got a boat related job)
- Qualified General Insurance – Diploma Chartered Insurance Institute 1994
- Qualified Life & Pensions – Chartered Insurance Institute 1997
- Director Peter Adams (Insurance brokers) Limited 1994
- Director NG Insurance Services Limited 2007
- Senior Board Member – Higos Insurance Services 2009
- Managing Director – Severn Bay Corporate Solutions Limited – 2010 to date
- Married to Karen (My Co-Director) at Severn Bay Corporate Solutions
- Three daughters – Fiona (26), Jennifer (24) & Eleanor (17)
- Joined Royal regiment of Wales 1984 as a soldier
- Commissioned at Sandhurst June 1993
- Retired as a Major, Brigade Staff Officer HQ 160 Wales Brecon 2014
- Awarded the Territorial Decoration and the Volunteer reserve medal
- Now do lots of running including marathons and Ultra marathons (Quite mad)
What we bring to the table
- 35+ Years of experience, providing professional recommendations.
- We work on fixed fees, not on commission
- Our interests are directly aligned with our client’s needs.
- We get the correct technical solution
- At the lowest price in the market
- We declare our fee up-front before the client makes a decision.
Likes: Efficiency – Solutions – Saving Clients money – Cream of Tarragon Chicken.
Dislikes: Waste, Laziness & Shoddy Workmanship – The White of Eggs
One thing you wouldn’t know about me:
I went to Sandhurst and was a commissioned officer in the army reserve for 30 years. Started in 1984 before the iron curtain came down. My unit 3rd Bn. Royal Regiment of Wales was roled, British Army of the Rhine. My first role was as a sniper taking out sentries in border posts. I served all over the world including Northern Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Germany, France, Canada, Slovakia, Estonia, Uzbekistan and Albania.
What word or phrase best sums you up?
What’s your greatest achievement to date
Family: Raising three beautiful, intelligent & clever daughters.
Personal: Gaining the Queens Commission and serving 30 years in the Royal Welsh regiment.
Work: Serving for 2 years as the Chair of the British Insurance Brokers Association (South Wales).
Quick fire questions:
How long have you been a BNI member?
What does your company do?
We provide a first class insurance and risk management service, which exceeds expectations and delivers real value in the long term.
What is your job title?
What does your role entail, in a nutshell?
Running the business in all aspects including marketing and dealing with our most valuable clients and the most complex requirements.
Why did you decide to take that direction?
Commercial business represents the opportunity to deliver the most value and to earn reasonable fees for the work we do.
How do you help your community?
- Various charity work, Help 4 Heroes, Army benevolent Fund, Royal British Legion and other military charities.
- Coach new runners as qualified session leader – Leadership in Running Fitness Welsh Athletic Association.
Volunteer workWhat is the most exciting / rewarding aspect of your role?
Developing relationships which build credibility and trust and lead to lasting client relationships and deliver value to our partners.
Why did you join BNI?
To build relationships and gain more business.
What has BNI done for you?
- Wider network of business contacts, introducers, partners and clients
- Personal development
- Social relationships
- £500,000 worth of business and counting…
Any pearls of wisdom for fellow entrepreneurs / Business Professionals?
- Business is simple, put on more than you lose and you will grow?
- Care about your clients and understand their needs, if you can’t do that, don’t bother!
- Never sell someone a product, you would not accept yourself, in similar circumstances.
- There are only 4 valid reasons for losing business:
- A client dies
- Sells a property
- Ceases trading
- Or you do your job badly
- You can’t do anything about the first three, except plan for them. You can of course avoid the final one. There is no excuse for poor workmanship.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about money, everything has a price and you are allowed to make a living, if you do your job well and provide a good service.
- If a client is difficult at the start of a relationship, walk away. They will always be difficult and you just don’t need that in your life.
- If a client wants you to work for nothing, they are not a client you want to work with. You are allowed to say NO to work that is unlikely to reward you.
- Don’t waste time, it is precious. It is the one commodity you can’t get back.
- Make sure you get paid enough. Sounds stupid I know, but too many business owners live on a shoe string, growing a business, but lose motivation through hardship.
- Take holidays and get rested, you won’t be any use to anyone if you are burnt out!
- Be proud of your reputation and guard it jealously. Honesty & Integrity is everything!