Member Since: 01-10-2014
London is one of the most amazing cities on this planet and Emma and her team have created a series of tours to show it at its best.
Good tours are a mixture of knowledge, personality and a smattering of good fun. Coutours’ tours are easy going and filled with fascinating facts and details revealing a different side to London and showing London in an unusual way.
Tours include: The History of London of London in Four Drinks, The Secret History of Street Food, London Smells! and The Highclass/Lowlifes’ tour of Mayfair and Soho to name but a few.
Emma’s background is PR – fashion, interiors, food and retail. She attended the University of London and read History and was intercollegiate at the University of London at The School of Slavonic and East European Studies, UCL and King’s College.
Coutours receives great reviews on TripAdvisor and has been a holder of their Certificate of Excellence since 2012.
MEMBER QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS
- How long have you been a BNI member? Since October 2014
- What does your company do? Create Fascinating Tours of London
- What is your job title? Owner
- What does your role entail, in a nutshell? Running all aspects of a tour guiding company from creating imaginative tours to managing customers and ensuring that I show London in the best light.
- Why did you decide to take that direction? I wanted a change from PR and also I had an inspiring trip to Jordan on which I devised Coutours
- How do you help your community? I support a lot of businesses when I include them on my tour from street food vendors to restaurants, bars and cafés
- What is the most exciting / rewarding aspect of your role? Making people happy and learning so much about my favourite city in the world.
- Why did you join BNI? I could see potential for promoting my tours through word of mouth and powerful referral marketing.
- What has BNI done for you? I have grown as a business and feel confident as I have a great support network behind me. I have also made some great friends and excellent business partnerships.
- Any pearls of wisdom for fellow entrepreneurs / Business Professionals? Just keep going and get someone in to do the bits you hate!