29 Mar Can You Quantify How You Strengthen Your Network?
How are you tracking your business success? You’re probably not, which is fine, but can make it extremely difficult to not only expect, but quantify, growth and success. You’d be surprised the number of businesspeople I talk to from all industries who say they want to grow their business, but when I ask by how much, they simply stare at me. Even worse are the stares I get when I ask what they have actively done to grow your business.
You cannot expect change and growth without actively working to strength your network and business. It simply won’t happen.
Most people can name specific things they do to improve their skill at a hobby they are passionate about, but so rarely is that passion carried over into their own business. Below is a list of quantifiable things you can do to strength your network, improve relationships with referral partners, and ultimately help foster the growth of your business.
How many can you check off?
- Send a Thank You card – but make sure it is handwritten!
- Call to check in
- Arrange a 1-to-1
- Offer a referral to someone without them having to ask for one
- Include them in a regular newsletter for your company
- Send an article of interest to your contact
- Set up a group activity to bring together your networks
- Attend a networking event (and bring someone with you!)
- Display your partner’s brochure or flyer at your business
You should aim to do one to two of these things a week to consistently be developing your relationships with your network. And, of course, there are plenty of things you could do that aren’t on this list.